Friday, October 10, 2014

Spider Morph

WOAH. Look at this, I'm posting on a Friday! I have some family visiting this weekend so I wont be able to post on sunday.

BUT that's not why you are here. Ball Pythons are why you are here. And today I introduce to you,

The Spider Morph
Spiders are characterized by the stripe dark down the back with smaller line striping down like spiders legs on its back! They are also lighter than most normals with the white from their bellies coming up their sides. They also tend to have a yellow tint to their brown spots.
Spiders are a Dominant gene. People used to think the Spider gene was co-dominant, but because this morph doesn't have a super form (I'll talk more about super forms next week) most people in the snake world no longer believe that it is co-dominant and simply a dominant gene.
When you have a clutch where one parent is normal and the other is a spider you have a 50% chance that the babies could be either.
I think Spiders are awesome and I do actually have one. However, I don't have pictures of my boy.
Alright you guys, thats everything from me this week. Hopefully I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment