Sunday, October 5, 2014

Piebald Morph

So this weeks topic is the Piebald Ball Python, also known as the Pied ball python. This is a ball python that I would LOVE to own.

 
 This is such a gorgeous specimen. It's not mine, it is actually the picture from the Wikipedia page about this kind of ball python.

The piebald gene is a recessive gene, which is different from my Pastel, Persephone, which is a co-dominant gene, or my normal, Jasmine, which is a dominant gene.

The Pied gene causes babies who express it to have random patterns of a lack of pigmentation on their scales. This means that the amount of white that mom and dad have does not in any way determine how much white the baby ball pythons will have. I love all Pieds, high-white, like the picture above, or low white, but I think that the highwhites are the prettiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment